Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Quote or reference with the word "Giraffe"

A couple of weeks ago  the TV show "Everybody loves Raymond" was on again. I think I can say that everyone in my family enjoys it. It is part of family fun time. The show that evening was about Ally failing her math class , so Raymond and Debra meet with the teacher and come home arguing. Ray feels it might be the teacher's fault and goes on how Debra didn't do anything to stick up for Ally and how parents should always stick up for their kids. And of course the entire Barone family is there reminiscing their school years when suddenly Robert  (Brad Garrett ) says:


Robert: What about when I was 13 years old, and my basketball coach called me "The Useless Giraffe?"
Frank: You were six foot five. You couldn't grab a couple of rebounds?


At this point my youngest son turns to me and says: "Hey! you should mention that in Sophie's blog." And this is what I am doing.... Thank you Dan ^__^
 
Besides Robert's I have encountered several unusual quotes with the words "Giraffes".
Let me share them with you.
 
In 2002, Richard Gere interviewed by the Guardian (UK) said the following: "I know who I am. No one else knows who I am. If I was a giraffe, and someone said I was a snake, I'd think, no, actually I'm a giraffe."
 
I wonder what made him think of using an animal and more especially a giraffe. Maybe I could try and write to him to find out? ^__^ But well overall he is right: you should never let anyone manipulate you into thinking you are something/someone else than you are.
 
At some point in her life, Sofia Loren ---who shares her name with our own Sophie Hagirafa --- said :
 "I'm a giraffe. I even walk like a giraffe with a long neck and legs. It's a pretty dumb animal, mind you.".  Humm!  I would not have thought of comparing Sophia Loren to a giraffe... but then again she also said : "Everything you see I owe to spaghetti. " I am now trying to imagine a giraffe made out of spaghetti. @__@
 
 


 
Let me conclude with the following video in which you will recognize the Giraffe Manor and see Giraffes walk.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment