Monday, April 5, 2010

Sophie Hagirafa connecting generations since 1961

When I present Sophie Hagirafa to new moms, potential customers or stores owners, sooner or later I end up mentioning that I had Sophie as a baby. I was born in 1968, so Sophie was already a common item to have for any baby. Here, at the mere mention of it, the new moms look at me with incredulous looks, probably thinking to themselves, " Really? Sophie hagirafa existed back then?"

Isn't that incredible when you stop and think about it?  What other toy can be passed on from one generation to the other and always remain useable? I know we can find beautiful wooden toys, trains, puzzles or cubes dating back to the 1960's, but those are for toddlers. What other baby toy is so universal (and so well-made!), that it brings smiles and nostalgias whenever it is given or received? Ever since 1961, many mothers, aunts, friends and grandmothers have bought Sophie la girafe for the new generations, and keep on doing so.
That makes Sophie the Giraffe more than just an organic teether; that makes her a link connecting generations. She keeps our memories and passes them on, in her own unique way.

She is there every step of Baby growth and like a great movie: she is a Classic and a Keeper!



Stephen Wright said once “I intend to live forever. So far, so good.”
I think Sophie The Giraffe is on her way too!

No comments:

Post a Comment